A chiropractic adjustment is when chiropractic experts use their hands to apply sudden targeted force to spinal joints. The goal of this procedure is to restore your spine’s natural alignment, reducing your pain and improving your overall body function. Your nervous system performs optimally when you have a properly aligned spine, and any strain on your neck or back is reduced. If you are looking for chiropractic care in Pasadena, consider what David W. Kuo, D.C. has to offer.
What to Expect
When you visit our facility with severe back and neck pain, our chiropractor will begin by asking you about your medical history before performing any diagnostic tests. Some of the most common tests include:
- Computer Tomography (CT) scans creates a picture of your body's internal structures
- X-rays to visualize internal structures
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) generates a picture of your body
Based on these tests, our specialists will develop a chiropractic care plan that may include chiropractic adjustments, hot/cold therapy, massage, nutritional counseling, corrective exercises, and lifestyle advice.
Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
There are numerous benefits of chiropractic adjustments. Over time, chiropractic care will relieve your pain, restore your mobility, and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Other useful applications of chiropractic care include:
- An Effective Treatment for Scoliosis: Scoliosis is a condition characterized by an abnormal curve on your spine. This causes severe pain in your back, trouble moving, and abnormal posture. Our chiropractic treatment can help manage the progression of this condition.
- Sciatica Relief: Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve is irritated and results in pain, tingling, and immobility. Chiropractic care can reduce pressure on the sciatic nerve, relieving sciatica.
Chiropractic Adjustment Techniques
When you have severe back or neck pain, our chiropractor uses different adjustment techniques to alleviate your pain, increase mobility, and restore joint function. Here are a few you should know.
- Gonstead Adjustment: This chiropractic adjustment technique helps to restore your normal disc alignment. Our chiropractor will perform the adjustment while you are lying on your side or sitting up.
- The Activator Method: This is where our chiropractic experts use a hand-held device called an "Activator" to administer gentle impulse on your spine's vertebral segment. This helps to treat conditions including lower back pain and headaches.
- Flexion-Distraction: Our chiropractor will have you lay on a special table that flexes your spine in a gentle, rhythmic motion. This technique is mainly used when treating symptomatic disc injuries with leg and back pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Pasadena
If you believe you would benefit from chiropractic adjustments, schedule an appointment with David W Kuo, D.C. by calling (626) 449-0510.